Waterproofing membranes are used in commercial and residential building construction to make them damp, water and windproof.
Membranes made of EPDM rubber have proved highly successful in resisting water seepage into buildings and are used to waterproof cladding, facades and external window frames.
The interior of all buildings needs to be made waterproof whether it be via the installation of damp proof course or the cladding around the window frame. With EPDM waterproofing strip system you are guaranteed one of the strongest durable seals on the market.
Waterproofing Membranes for Window and Cladding Applications
Characteristics of EPDM membrane lends itself perfectly to the job:
- - Up to 400% elongation
- - Temperature stable from -40°C to +120°C
- - Excellent resistance to weathering, ozone and ultra violet
- - Excellent chemical resistance
- - Will not discolour masonry
- - Life expectancy of over 40 years
- - Compatible with a wide range of substrates
- - Contains no environmental pollutants
Many window and cladding systems require an external waterproof seal between framework and substrate. The Varnamo EPDM Waterproofing Strip System provides a continuous moisture barrier that can accommodate structural movement. Installation of EPDM waterproofing membrane is an easy process using specially formulated primer, cleaner, adhesive and sealant. Pre-moulded corner pieces are also available.